Sunday, January 29, 2012

Game Production Lab: Multiverse

So unfortunately I did not have anytime over the break to work on any projects of my own, but I did have a chance to get a head start on next semesters game for GPL(Game Production Lab). Seven other people and I are working on a game called Multiverse, designed by Addison Ziegler, our creative director. My job is primarily prototyping the game out, mechanics and levels, with GameMaker and once prototyping is complete I will be bumped to 2D art and other places if need be. The final game will be a 2.5 platformer built in UDK.

So far we are about 2 weeks into production with a playable prototype being due in about a week consisting of 10 levels. So I still have some work to do.


Like I said before Multiverse is a 2.5 platformer with a core mechanic of being able to switch between two worlds to be able to complete a level. The worlds are meant to be crazy, creepy, zany, and maybe a little disgusting. Each of the two worlds is supposed to be unique in it's own right with its own inhabitants, style, music, and feel, while the layout of the level in each world will be very similar with few functioning differences. Anyway, it's a great idea and I think it's going along great so far. What I have currently is a crude prototype that can ONLY be played with a controller currently. Since my prototype will eventually be scrapped for the actual game build in UDK I doubt I will be going back and adding keyboard function in. Cause I'm lazy.

Anyway if you want to test it out here is a link to the exe.
(You need the exe and other files together in a folder to play)

No comments:

Post a Comment